The TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) is the only body in Australia that is officially regulating disinfectants. Make sure that the product you choose has a TGA number on the label to ensure the product works as advertised to protect you and your family.
Besides the effectiveness of the product against pathogens (which only the TGA regulates), several other attributes should be factored in when choosing a disinfectant for your home:
- Is the product harmful to humans & animals?
- Is the product dangerous to the environment?
- Is it corrosive?
- Does it require protective equipment (gloves, goggles, etc.) when applied?
- Is it free of toxic chemicals?
- Is it flammable?
- Is it alcohol-free?
- Is it entered into the TGA ARTG as a registered, hospital-grade disinfectant?
- Does it have international approvals?
- Does it need to be diluted?
- Is it 100% natural and 100% biodegradable?
- Is it backed by scientific studies?
If you want a disinfectant that can answer all of the above with “NO”, then head to our shop now.